Sunday, December 5, 2010

A nice snowy Sunday

Today was a lovely day. I joined 2 CouchSurfing meetings. CouchSurfing is a website for travellers, we help, meet and host each other, great stuff, best way to travel and meet locals and get off the beaten track.
So I first headed to Saroti Hoffe Hotel for a brunch... and what a brunch! For 9€ you got a big buffet, with everything you could imagine for a brunck and even more: cold, hot, sweet, sour, and the must: a chocolate fountain!!! Yummy... with marshmallows, biscuits, orange... The attendees were international, so I got to speak French, German, English (but mostly English).
Then, I headed off to Rixdorf, Neukölln (Neukölln is a district of Berlin) for a Christmas Market. We were 5: 2 Germans, 1 Austrian, 1 Irish speaking fluent German and me... so I could pratice German. We had a very nice time, the Market was quite pretty, then we stopped in a bar to get warm before getting back on the Market after dark for the lights before going to yet another bar.
Berlin is really enjoyable city, I think I'll like it here.

PHOTOS


==Greetings from Berlin==

No comments:

Post a Comment