Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Welcome in the wonderful world of video games testing...

... a world where schedules are always changing. Well, I was aware from the start it's an industry which moves very fast. When I arrived on the Monday I was supposed to start working, they sent me home telling me my project was delayed and I shall come back on Wednesday, then on Friday I was sent home early in the afternoon... That was for the 1st week.

Then, I changed project, it was supposed to be lasting until Sept 16th, and around 2 weeks ago we were told it'll be till Oct 6th with a gap from 11/09 to 21/09. At that time, I asked my Project Manager if there would be another project which would require me, he answered me that as it's in over 1 month it's like eternity for video games industry and he can't know yet.

Last week, another change: the round will last till the 13th instead of the 10th, then well no 1-week gap, another round will be set for the last 3 days of the week. But as I wasn't supposed working on my initial project this week, I was required for another project. So I had to move this morning, it would have been more logical to let me stay on Project 1 and find someone else on Project 2, but no they decided to find someone else for Project 1, Project which I'll be joining again next week, normally...

but that's fun and we don't get bored! ^^


==Greetings from Dublin== 

No comments:

Post a Comment